1/3 cup macadamia nuts, ground or crushed*
zest from 1 orange, and juice from half
4 fish of your choice (works well with sole, tilapia, mahi mahi, halibut)
drizzle olive oil over each fish
1. Preheat oven to 450F – on broil setting if possible
2. Grind up macadamia nuts in a food processor, or use a hammer and a plastic bag to pound them into tiny pieces*
3. Place fish on lined baking sheet
4. Sprinkle ground nuts on top
5. Zest the orange on top evenly of all the fish
6. Drizzle olive oil lightly on top of each fish
7. Season with sea salt and pepper
8. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (watch carefully) until nut topping is starting to brown and fish is tender and slides apart easily
9. Squeeze a few drops of orange juice from the orange slices on top of each fish once done – enjoy!
*So, although I have owned a food processor in the past – I don’t have one right now so I had to get creative. I remembered when I was little my mom would have us smash candy canes in a ziploc bag with a hammer in order to make candy cane bark so I figured I could do the same with nuts – and it worked!
But please make sure you have a surface underneath that won’t crack. I used a thick cutting board and never hammer directly on top of granite or tile without something hard between – better yet, do this outside!