Crustless Pumpkin Pie In Mason Jars
I don’t know about you, but my favourite part of a pumpkin pie is the filling! Of course, the crust is delicious too, but I always wanted a second slice of just the filling – it’s so silky, smooth and delicious!
Hence, why I wanted to see if my normal dairy-free soy-free pumpkin pie filling would work inside of a mason jar – duh! Everything works in a mason jar, because they are glorious and wonderful.
I recommend using the little 125ml or 250ml mason jars (I used 500ml in the picture, but it ended up using half of the recipe – whoops!)
Crustless Pumpkin Pie in a Mason Jar
Created by Sarah Maughan
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree or approx 2 cups fresh pumpkin, with as much liquid strained as you can
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup regular full fat coconut milk
*This recipe fills 2 x 500ml mason jars, 4 x 250ml jars or 8 x 125 ml jars
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the honey.
- With the eggs and honey, beat in the brown sugar mixture, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the coconut milk.
- Scoop the mixture inside mini mason jars (125ml or 250ml) until about 3/4 full (the mixture will puff up while cooking and then setting down again).
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350F for another 20 minutes (do 30 minutes for larger jars) – until the top is nicely browned and you see the top starting to crack open.
- If desired, fill it with whipped cream! My favourite whipped cream is using full fat coconut milk and a little drizzle maple syrup – then use electric beaters and beat until it’s nice and thick and forms peaks.
About Sarah Maughan
Sarah Maughan is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist based in Toronto, ON and has been consulting since 2009. Her website aims to educate you, make you laugh, help you live and inspire you to eat whole food! To stay up to date sign up for free blog and recipe updates! In the meantime, empower your body with food!Sign Up for Free Info